RE: Tiger fresh air vents

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tiger fresh air vents
From: "Jim Ferrara" <jim.ferrara@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 08:23:38 -0400
I will try and get some pictures this weekend. Remember my car is now
complete, so you'll be seeing everything in situ which is very close if not
exactly like a "factory install".

As far as "Was it worth it?" - Well, frankly yes.

If your car is fully apart, then go for it. They really do keep the foot
wells much cooler.

I'd recommend rebuilding the plastic foot well boxes while they're out. I
had to fabricate new stainless piano hinges to replace the flex plastic ones
which I'm sure you'll find are broken (or almost broken). I think there are
kits now (when I did mine 13 years past, there were not).

The philosophy of my restoration was the "Best of all Marks" (in my sole
opinion, of course). Round corner doors/hood/trunk, metal top covers to
which I added the foot well vents, 5-bolt 289 with wide-ratio toploader,
WIPEC backup lights, relocated panhard rod, etc. etc.

I even threw on a blacked-out Alpine Series 1 grill just to be
different...the list seems endless just trying to recall all the "mods" -
but it was fun.

- Jim