RE: Thoughts on undercoating a Tiger

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Thoughts on undercoating a Tiger
From: <gharlowe@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 21:54:05 -0400
I can confirm the ugly process.  I stripped the heavy stuff with a heat gun
and paint scraper.  I highly recommend long sleeves to protect against
dripping molten undercoating.  I wiped down to bare metal with mineral
spirits, then painted the clean metal with Eastwood's Rust Encapsulator.  I
chose their red color so I could ensure total coverage on the dark metal -
then painted with black body-colored epoxy paint.  It took about a week to
strip and another two for the burns to heal.

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=852&itemType=CATEGORY&iMainCat=688
&iSubCat=852

Graham Harlowe
B328001466