Re: Lat 5 weld on bars

To: PhastPhill@aol.com
Subject: Re: Lat 5 weld on bars
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:21:40 -0700
Phil,

The biggest problem with welding stressed struts to the Tiger chassis
can be illustrated by seeing how Rootes did it.  Examine the reinforced
welded pads, on the firewall and inner fender, for the bracing struts.

Most of the areas you want to weld on (see the "Panhard Rod" chassis
mount, i it hasn't broken off yet)

http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/parts_rs260/Parts_List/9-NF-RearAndRoadWheels.pdf

The thin walls and load paths were not very well designed, and have the
habit of cracking/breaking.

I am using the latest version of the LAT 6 bolt-on version that requires
no welding.

http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/parts_service/pp-lat6.asp

Traction Master phone/address is in this article.

Good luck.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman