Re: Throttle Body

To: "drmayf" <drmayf@mayfco.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Throttle Body
From: "Bob Dixon" <bobdixon@frii.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 22:12:39 -0600
I am currently working on a throttle body EFI system for my Tiger.  I got a
Holley 900CFM throttle body off of Ebay that will bolt right to my manifold.
I'm going to go the Megasquirt route for the electronics.  If I decide to go
to direct port injection I can just remove the injectors from the Holley and
use it as a throttle body.

With the Holley throttle body injection I figure I can maintain the look of
a carburator but have most of the benefits of fuel injection.  Since
Megasquirt is all open source and has a big geek network I thought I would
give it a shot.  Plus, as a firmware engineer, I can modify the code to add
all kinds of whizbang features in the future if I need to.

The stand-alone systems from Accel, Holley, Edelbrock, ... can be kind of
pricey.  That is why I'm going to cobble my own system together.   Also, the
5.0L Ford manifolds and EFI systems couldn't handle the flow I needed for my
347 monster motor.

If you want some more info, please let me know.
Bob Dixon
B9471388