RE: 260 engine paint

To: "'Tim Webster'" <crabco@shaw.ca>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 260 engine paint
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 00:22:58 -0400
Tim
        It sounds like you are being to critical about the paint.
Most auto parts store have engine paint; grab a spray can of VHT or similar
black engine paint and paint the engine.

        Satin black is all in the eye of the beholder, sometimes it is
called chassis black.   Granted not all spray cans of satin black are
created equal.   I would go with chassis black or trim black.  IMO, chassis
black is slightly less glossy than trim black.   If these black paints don't
met your expectations then you will have to mix your own satin black paint
and shoot it with a paint gun.   You start with black paint and you add
flattening agent until you get the shade of satin black you desire.

Go to an auto paint store and buy the following:

Black paint = Ditzler #9000
Flattening agent; there should be mixing ratios listed on the label or they
should supply a sheet with them

Also there is a Low Gloss Black = Ditzler #9295

Ron Fraser