Re: New oil formulations and failing Cams

To: awtiger@cox.net
Subject: Re: New oil formulations and failing Cams
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 07:48:35 -0700
There is an oil discussion going on at land-speeed list also. It has
been in progress some time. I was also concerned about using the correct
oil in the world's fastest sunbeam (wannabe) and after the research done
on the list, I decided to run either Mobil -1R  which I believe is a
0W-30 full synthetic or the Mobil -1 SUV oil, a full synthetic also,
which has the same additives as the 1R oil but is far easier to find
(and cheaper!). They both have the ZDDP aditives in the same quantities
(I am told). The SUV oil uses it to prevent scuffing during towing
operatons under heavy load on the engine. I decided that was good enough
for me. So far so good. YMMV, lol..

mayf, way off and far out in pahrump...