Re: Front suspension project

To: tigerlat70@comcast.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front suspension project
From: "PHILLIP SILK" <musta32188@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 13:54:13 -0500
Let me try this again...

I am about to start diving into rebuilding my front suspension; it needs
everything.  Before I jump off into the abyss, I want to ask for any
input/ideas/suggestions/horror stories the list might provide.  I have read
about every article and post I can find on the topic, but I am sure there is
something I have missed...

So, a few general questions:

Has anyone made available yet a bolt-in aftermarket crossmember/front
suspension?  I remember hearing it discussed with plans for engineering a
kit, but I don't know where it ended up.

Can the welding/reinforcing modifications to the crossmember be done by most
competent fabrication shops with the directions, or does anyone now of a
shop that has done it before in the Atlanta area?  or, for that matter, does
anyone have one that has already been done for sale?

Lastly, I would love to hear some suggestions on spring rates and brakes.  I
am pretty sure I'll buy Dale's stuff, but which ones?  I plan on just fun
street use, no racing, and am using 14'' Panasports.

Thanks in advance.

Phillip