Re: Transmission color

To: "Harry B. Elam" <harryb@elams.org>
Subject: Re: Transmission color
From: Theodore Brown <tbrown@midcoast.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 10:26:04 -0500
Harry:

I think what happened was that after Rootes ran out of the first allocation
of engines they had ordered from Ford, they must have ordered more.  My
guess is that the first batch were painted black and the second,
blue.  It's been my observation that cars with earlier numbers have black
engines and trannies and the later ones, blue.  I don't know when the
changeover took place or if it was abrupt or a phased-in change.  Maybe
Norm has some insight?  Of course, I could be totally off the wall with
this.  For the record, my Tiger, B382002384LRXFE (a late MkIA), born on
August 25, 1966, had its engine and gearbox painted blue.

Tod