Re: Video on running Red Light

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Video on running Red Light
From: "Paul R. Breuhan" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 14:39:38 -0500
I see trerrible driving each day and no camera will help that...as long as
people don't take responsiblity for their actions nothing will change.

I was once hit by a guy in a pick-up truck talking on his cell phone. I was
at a dead stop and he was doing at least 55 mph...totalling my car. I could
see him barreling down on me in my review mirror. He asked if I was ok and
offered his cell phone to me to make a call...I threw it over the center
barrier onto the other side of the freeway into traffic.

A number of years ago an 18 year old kid who was late for his minimum wage
video store job ran a red light and hit a car which my wife was a passenger
in. The driver was killed, my wife was in a coma for 2 weeks and not
expected to live. He got 1 years probation...the driver was dead...and my
wife has a lifetime of issues from a closed head injury.

Paul

>From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
>To: Tiger List <tigers@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Re: Video on running Red Light
>Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 21:59:47 -0800 (PST)
>
>This video directly supports my counter-point.. a camera was present
>and working, yet a serious accident still occurred from a red light
>violator. The camera was ineffective in preventing the accident, and
>it's presence will not change the behavior of inattentive or just plain
>bad drivers.
>
>If this was just poor judgment by the driver, then a couple more
>seconds before the cross traffic light went green might have avoided
>the tragedy all together.
>
>--- Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there a video showing that cars REALLY run red lights, hit care
> > legally crossing on green, and kill pedestrians?
> >
> > I am sure a few would have some excuse, but this is TRUE and
> > Verifiable:

Get free, personalized commercial-free online radio with MSN Radio powered
by Pandora http://radio.msn.com/?icid=T002MSN03A07001