Re: Heat Shields

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, "Ronak, TP \(Timothy\)"
Subject: Re: Heat Shields
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 14:40:30 -0800
Tim,
  I hope the shields work. I would only consider that the area where the
pump is located is basically a cavity and as the heat rises it becomes
trapped near the top. As I look at my own car it seems the wider the shield
the better and if it angled down at the edges better yet. I reason this in
that though the shield may prevent heat from directly rising, will it only
pour over the edges of the shield and still fill the area with heat??? I
guess you won't know until you try. It may be this is one more area on a
Tiger where an additional fan might help. All the best.
 Tom Witt