Re: survivor

To: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: survivor
From: Chris Thompson <chris@cthompson.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 23:00:48 -0500
I remember writing a rant on this list several years ago about this
issue.  It was Henry Ford who taught Andrew Carnegie to quit
over-restoring antiques.  The patina is what defines them.  I'll spare
the rest of the rant.

I recall there was a remarkable MKII survivor on e-bay a year or two ago
that went for about $55,000?  True originals with their original paint
and air in their tires are extremely rare and I am betting will become
much more valuable over time than restored cars....

But just my dos centavos of course.....

Chris