Re: Temperature

To: Drmoonstone@aol.com, walmenke@bigpond.net.au, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Temperature
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 17:52:52 EST
I heard Doane Spencer say that when he ran his Tiger that temp gauge  was
always pegged. I believe I read somewhere that the optimum temp for  a
289 was about 210.  I was told that if the coolant doesn't boil inside  the
engine, then you are fine.  The boiling point is about 3 degrees per  lb of
the
radiator cao.  A 13 lb cap yield 39 + 212 or 251 boiling point.   I run a 15
lb
cap and have pegged the gauge often.  When it was really hot it would  blow
steam from vent hose from the header tank to the radiator.

This list has dealt with the Tiger's tendency to run hot.  Tom Erhart  wrote
a great article on what to do.for TE/AE.  Go to their website _www.TEAE.org_
(http://www.TEAE.org)
and enjoy.

Dave