Temperature

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Temperature
From: "Wally Menke" <walmenke@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 21:15:18 +1100
Thanks to all who answered my previous question. Yes I know it's been
flogged to death, but when your running a new motor the stress levels go up
with the gauge!

The reason for the question is that when you use say 1/3 gycol - water mix
in the radiator it increases the boiling temp significantly from 100 to
about 124 C = 212 - 260 F. So it's unlikely to boil and puke.

I also found (the hard way) if you want the temperature gauge calibrated
correctly you need to give the gauge man the gauge, sender and 10 V
regulator. All of these items can vary the actual gauge reading.

Wally Menke