Re: Tiger brake specs

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tiger brake specs
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 23:45:21 -0800
>>> Does anyone have these specs?<<<

Tim I asked the same question myself years ago. I recall there were never
any factory specs. I never heard anything regarding the drums. I do have an
old list port where someone state an "old timer" had a book in the back
office that spec-ed the rotors at .375 . This seemed like a rather deep cut
given the (used) rotors I had were in the .450 range for the best ones I
had.

Anyway, I happened to catch the right guy at the right time (Pep Boys
Manager/TR-6 owner) who "understood" the situation, looked at my drums (for
blatantly obvious flaws - cracks, thinness etc.) and cut them.

A year or so later I went back to Pep Boys (different manager) to try and
get my rotors turned. The kid in charge cut them based on the mentioned list
post I supplied and my acknowledgement that I was accepting the depth of the
cut on the receipt. Figuring I might not ever get the chance again, I had
him cut all four rotors I had. As best I recall they were in the .395 to
.435 range when finished.

Since I don't think you will find any published specs I figured I'd pass on
my "experience."

Tom Witt