RE: Tiger brake specs

To: <GRMTim@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tiger brake specs
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 11:33:06 -0500
Tim
        The stock rotor thickness is .505".    The rotor is just a hat;
there are 4 bolts that attach it to the hub, they are on the back side.

I looked at specs for other cars and they indicate around 90% for min
thickness of the rotor = .4545"
Dales restoration has a vented rotor kit if you need new rotors.
http://www.dalesresto.com/parts.html

        The Tiger rear brake drum is listed as 9" but I don't know if that
is the inside diameter.   My 1988 Mustang has 9" ID drums and the max wear
is .060" over or 9.060".   I have never checked to see if the drum width is
the same for the Tiger and the Mustang.   The Mustang brake shoes are 1.82"
wide.  The bolt pattern is the same so if they are similar it might be an
alternative.   The pre 1991 Ford Escorts also had the same bolt pattern with
a thinner width but I don't remember if there was a 9" option.

Hope this helps.

Ron Fraser