Help - Driving me crazy

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Help - Driving me crazy
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 19:55:13 EDT
I wrote a few weeks back about my Tiger running rough (barely  running).  It
was suggested that the gas might have moisture so I put in  dry gas.  The next
day it ran fine for 20 miles. Took it out today and it  was okay for about 3
or 4 miles (slow driving) and then it acted the same  way.  It will idle
fairly smoothly, but sounds and feels like it's idling  on 4 cylinders. When
running, the same thing.  Takes a lot of clutch  slipping to get it moving and
then
no power and sputtering when I try to give it  gas.  I can cruise along at a
steady throttle on the flats and it does run  a little smoothly, but again
feels like it's on 4 cylinders. Try to give it gas  and it sputters.  Will
start
up with no problem.
It's stock 260 with Petronix coil and ignition.  I checked the  fuel filters
(two of them) and they are clean and full of fuel.  I can hear  the pump
clicking away so I assume it's doing what it should.  Nothing has  changed that
know of and I can't figure if it's fuel or ignition.  HELP  !
Mark L.