Ford heads aplenty

To: <Sjhcobra1@cs.com>, "\"Tigerman\"" <Tigerman67@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Ford heads aplenty
From: "Alvin Johnson" <twojohnsons@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 09:30:59 -0400
351 Windsor heads were the way to go 20+ years ago when no aftermarket heads
were available.
If memory serves, the  proper 351 W heads to retrofit on the small block are
the 1969 (C90E) and 1970 (D00E}.
Others--as you have found out---reduce compression radically & kill power.
But w/a so many better engineered aluminum (and some few iron) aftermarket
heads now available for a reasonable price, why mess around with lesser
parts?
I picked up a set of brand new, still in the box GT-40 heads on the Corral
parts list for $500 AND he threw in the ARP head bolts.
BTW---I still have a set of 6.095 hardened Ford Motorsports pushrods for
this old school conversion, should anyone want them.
Al J