Re: 260 heads

To: "Tigerman" <Tigerman67@hotmail.com>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 260 heads
From: Theodore Brown <tbrown@midcoast.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 13:12:54 -0400
A very good resource for questions about rebuilding a 260 or any other
small-block Ford can be
found in the book "How to Rebuild Your Small-Block Ford" by Tom Monroe,
published by HP
Books.    ISBN 0-912656-89-1.  Lots of good information about what will
work and what won't.
My copy was published in 1980, so I don't know if it is still in print, but
it would be well worth
digging around for if not.

When I had my 260 rebuilt about 10 years (or more) ago, I remember that it
was somewhat
difficult to locate pistons.  That situation may have changed,
hopefully.  I used a Ford hipo
hydraulic cam and lifters along with a Holley 4-bbl and a Mallory dual
point distributor with
Pertronix innards.  Not very radical, but a nice upgrade from stock.

Cheers,

Tod
B382002384LRXFE