RE: 260 heads

To: "Theodore Brown" <tbrown@midcoast.com>, "Tigerman"
Subject: RE: 260 heads
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 11:37:45 -0600
If you have to, or want to, use production heads as a starting point for
whatever you're doing then the consensus view is that the '88-'93
Mustang heads have the best potential for porting and revalving work,
even though the GT40 or GT40P iron heads flow better out of the box
(mainly because of the increased valve size). The Mustang heads in
question have the E7TE casting code. Beware the '86 and earlier 5.0
heads - they are particularly poor as a starting point.

http://www.jason.fletcher.net/tech/flowdata/castiron.htm

When I get around to it I'm going to build up a set of these heads with
1.94/1.54 valves... Unless I decide it's easier/faster/cheaper to start
with a set of the increasingly common aluminum heads. There's certainly
a huge weight savings associated with aluminum heads.

Best regards,
Theo