Re: Tiger stuck at work -- electrical short?

To: "Steinman, Bill" <wsteinman@pogolaw.com>
Subject: Re: Tiger stuck at work -- electrical short?
From: "Jim Sencindiver" <jd.sencindiver@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 21:02:19 -0500
You might want to check the battery cables themselves.  My Tiger stranded
me, much the same way yours did.  After getting towed home, it took a week
of troubleshooting with a multimeter before I accidentally found the
problem.  The negative cable had corroded back under the insulation and was
passing voltage, but the moment a heavy load (i.e., trying to start the
engine) the current carrying capacity went to he!! and everyting died.  If I
let it sit for a while, the cable would again pass voltage (enough to run
the fuel pump), but If I turned on the headlights or tried to start the
engine everything died (again)  Good luck!

Keep on Tigering!

--
Jim Sencindiver