Rocket science theory vs real experience

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Rocket science theory vs real experience
From: <dbinkley@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 18:32:11 -0700
The original question was :
Two virtually identical cars (or the same car if it helps), one at sea level
and one at 6,000' elevation.  80 degree day in both locations, exact same
driving, exact same humidity, timing, tuning, etc.  Will one car run cooler
than the other?
FWIW, in my Tiger, I have seen no difference in operating temps of the engine
between sea level along the CA coast and Flagstaff, AZ at 7500' above sea level
at similar ambient conditions, same driving and same tune.
Dave