Re: [Tigers] flow kooler

To: tigers@autox.team.net, Amberly Chamberlain
Subject: Re: [Tigers] flow kooler
From: <e.coiner@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 17:33:41 -0700
I have no experience with the flow cooler brand of  pump.

I am using the Edelbrock water pump and it was the final piece in the cooling
puzzle that was my Tiger.

I have related this story before so it should be in the archives somewhere.

Long story short,  my Tiger overheated like crazy.  I replaced radiator,
installed Gano filter, installed horn hole blocking plates, cutout the metal
cross piece that covers 10% of the radiator, added the sheet metal ducting per
Steve Laifman's TU article.  Installed several different types of high airflow
fans.  The car would still overheat, especially while climbing hills.
Changed the pump and the car has not run hot since.  It runs between 190 and
200 F regardless of driving conditons.

If everything else is in top notch condition and you don't have mechanical
problems like a blown head gasket (just one of the problems my car had)
then the water pump can provide a benefit.

Erich