[Tigers] FW: Kill it, before it spreads! Redux

To: "Tigers@Autox. Team. Net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] FW: Kill it, before it spreads! Redux
From: "William Lau" <mrlau@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 18:09:41 -0500
The company I worked for had us at every car plant in the Midwest at one
time or another and you would be surprised how many times a car was whacked
in those days with a hammer to get something to fit.  Only after we started
installing robotics did that sort of thing diminish, but even now it is
likely to get whacked if somehow it doesn't fit right. ---Bill ---

I've had a couple of emails from Tiger experts who said I am wrong and
Jensen
employees did wack with hammers on Tigers moving down the assembly line.

 I took the original comment to mean bashing out Alpine firewalls to fit the
Ford
engine and transmission as a standard practice at Jensen.  In other words no
die pressing for the firewall, just some guys with hammers flailing away at
the metal.
At least that is the story I am usually told  in conversation which doesn't
match the two dozen or more  Tigers I've seen.  Of course
there maybe other Tigers  that have Jensen bashed in Alpine firewalls that I
have never seen.

 Another story I usually get asked about is what year did  Chrysler put
their
V8 in the car. When I answer never, the other person is either surprised or
starts a discussion that they have personal knowledge from a uncle, father,
brother, etc. that indeed, Chrysler did put their engine in the car.
Could
there be some truth to the rumors of Chrysler engines in Tigers?

Maybe we can start a thread on other Tiger folklore heard on the street.