[Tigers] Kill it, before it spreads! Redux

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Kill it, before it spreads! Redux
From: "Jeffrey Nichols" <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 19:04:24 -0400
I've had a couple of emails from Tiger experts who said I am wrong and Jensen
employees did wack with hammers on Tigers moving down the assembly line.

 I took the original comment to mean bashing out Alpine firewalls to fit the
Ford
engine and transmission as a standard practice at Jensen.  In other words no
die pressing for the firewall, just some guys with hammers flailing away at
the metal.
At least that is the story I am usually told  in conversation which doesn't
match the two dozen or more  Tigers I've seen.  Of course
there maybe other Tigers  that have Jensen bashed in Alpine firewalls that I
have never seen.

 Another story I usually get asked about is what year did  Chrysler put their
V8 in the car. When I answer never, the other person is either surprised or
starts a discussion that they have personal knowledge from a uncle, father,
brother, etc. that indeed, Chrysler did put their engine in the car.     Could
there be some truth to the rumors of Chrysler engines in Tigers?

Maybe we can start a thread on other Tiger folklore heard on the street.

                              Jeff