Re: [Tigers] Kill it, before it spreads!

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Kill it, before it spreads!
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 17:27:20 -0700
> I've had a couple of emails from Tiger experts who said I am wrong and
Jensen
> employees did whack with hammers on Tigers moving down the assembly line.

While it is obvious that the original Alpine firewall was NOT hammered out
for the Ford engine I don't doubt that to get the larger part of the
replacement transmission tunnel (actually more of a bell housing tunnel) to
align in some instances it was hit with a hammer. Likely someone with little
knowledge was walking through the shop, saw it and that's how these stories
get started.

>>> The inevitable guy whose 'Uncle had one'??  <<<

Yea, and either every Tiger has changed hands 100 times or the secretly made
100,000 of them but somehow the Rootes Ledger never showed it. I'll bet the
bulk of those "uncles" either had an Alpine or some other british car.
Some recommendations:
Get this type of discussion on "The View" or some other daytime talkshow and
hash it out.
Get Adam and Jamie to make it an episode of the "Myth Busters."
Get a  knowledgable person to write the "The Dummies Guide to the Sunbeam
Tiger"
:-)
Tom Witt