Re: [Tigers] Hollywood Sportscar Tiger at Monterey

To: <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Hollywood Sportscar Tiger at Monterey
From: <trippel@peoplepc.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 02:36:57 -0700
Well Jay, you're right about how the white (#74 Sports Car Forum) Tiger
dropped 5 places. It went into the dirt at the start of the main straight
when the brakes decided to take a short vacation.(Not their last.) We ended
that race in 9th.

On Sunday's race in the Pre Historics we placed 4th. The black Hollywood
Tiger ended up in 10th followed by Dave Lipski's red Tiger in 16th.

The same 3 Tigers ran in the Monterey Historics this weekend. The weather
was perfect and just a bit warmer than the previous weekend.

As usual, John Morton did a spectacular job driving our #74 Tiger. He
managed to grid the car 3rd (a bit down from last year's "Pole" due to much
stronger competition). He finished this year's Historics in 5th despite
having serious brake problems. (By the way, we never would have made it to
the grid if Dan Walters had not been able to make an incredibly quick
emergency change of both brake rotors shortly before race time. Thanks Dan!)

Dave Lipski's red Tiger (I believe running a real 260) gridded 33rd but
worked up to finish 25th.

Due to wheel problems, Dave Stone's HSC Tiger did not run during the
qualification session. Since the race grid is determined by lap times during
qualification, Dave had to start at the back of the field. This officially
placed him 35th. Unfortunately a blown tire put him out of the race after
only two laps.

Our pits were "swarmed" all weekend. I've never seen anything like it.
Notables included Ron Dykes, Pete Brock, Phil Remington, Kerry Agapiou
(Shelby American mechanic), Dennis Swan (Hollywood Sports Cars mechanic who
worked on the HSC Tiger for Doanne). Tiger road racers who helped out over
the weekend included  Dan Walters, Tom Sakai, Steve Sorensen and Al Denson.
And (except for a "United" or a "Suni") I've never seen so many Tiger owners
at one event. Thanks to all for your support and kind words.

Buck Trippel
#74 Sports Car Forum Tiger