Re: [Tigers] u-bolts

To: owain.lloyd@gmail.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] u-bolts
From: PhastPhill@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 09:15:17 EDT
I went to a local shop that's been in business for almost 50 years, it's a
spring shop, mainly for trucks. Look in the yellow pages under springs, any big
 town that has lots of heavy trucks should have one. I took in an old one for
the  guy to copy, right away he knew it was not reg north american, he even
recognized the weird lock nuts they have. They had the right diameter material
 and bent and threaded new ones for me, they had all the equipment to do this
 right there. Big rigs break springs all the time on the tractors and the
trailers, they can't wait for stuff, just make a new one.Took the guy about
half
 an hour and I think he charged me 10 bucks each. They fit perfectly, he
made them about a half inch longer so I could use some nice deep nylock nuts. I

only broke one taking them off but felt better with all new ones in
place.....cheers