Re: [Tigers] was ebay Car, now - relative values

To: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] was ebay Car, now - relative values
From: Bill Manning <gripdad@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 09:54:11 -0700 (PDT)
I own both a 65 Tiger TAC # 0037 and a 67 NCRS Top Flight 427 Corvette and I
can appreciate the dedication of knowledgeable people who try to retain the
original presentation of these 40 year old cars. Having a car that represents
what the car looked like  when it was new on the showroom floor is of interest
to many people. Someday, everyone who remembers these cars as new, will be gone
from this earth and it will be of interest to future generations to see what a
stock, not over-restored example of the make looked like. I do drive my cars
and appreciate modified or customized models of the marques. This is just
another important aspect of the car hobby that we all enjoy. Vintage racers,
F1, lowriders, restomods, hot rods, customs, survivors, restorations, drifters,
exotics, etc. are all important aspects of the car hobby. That is what keeps
this hobby so fresh and enjoyable and not everyone is going to enjoy them all.
Except, maybe me.
                                                                 -Bill