[Tigers] Andy Rooney's Tiger

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Andy Rooney's Tiger
From: "William Lau" <mrlau@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 22:14:38 -0500
You are right.  He could have at least taken 30 seconds and acknowledged
you.  If he doesn't answer Emails, why does he have it? CBS News that
explains it.  They don't appear to need an audience. -- Bill --

Hello All:

The Andy Rooney piece that ran Sunday night on 60 Minutes was a repeat of
one that
originally ran last November.  I did not see it when it ran then, but both
my daughter and
my brother mentioned it to me and told me that Andy had shown a picture of
his Tiger.
I was curious, so I tried to get on the 60 Minutes web site and download
the video.
Unfortunately, I only have dial-up (change comes slowly in Maine) so I gave
up and
tried again last Spring, when I was finally successful.  When I was
eventually able to view the video, I was amazed to see that the picture
that Rooney claimed was a picture of his car is actually one of MY car,
taken by me in my back yard, in front of a lovely maple
in its full Fall foliage.  Apparently, someone at 60 Minutes (I'm guessing)
must have been
looking for a pic of a (BRG) Tiger and found the picture that was used in
the video on the
NY Times web site where I had placed it some time back.  The Times allows
subscribers
to put up pictures and info about their classic cars, which I had
done.  The link for my
Tiger is
When I discovered this little bit of false attribution, I sent an email to
Mr. Rooney in which
I chided him for his misrepresentation and indicated that he owed me.  I
suggested to
him that in compensation he might do me the favor of attending the annual
"Sunbeams
in Maine" get-together that my wife and I host here in Maine in October
(see the TE/AE
web site and newsletter for more info).  In fact, I even offered to put up
Andy and his
entourage in my big old farmhouse.  Regrettably, I never heard back from
Mr. Rooney -
one more blow to the integrity of CBS News!  In a later piece on 60
Minutes, Andy
revealed that he never replies to emails, so that may be the
reason.  However, I still
feel that his lack of response was a little bit discourteous.

Cheers,

Tod
B382002384LRXFE (the one in the photo)