Re: [Tigers] Coolant Recovery

To: max348@comcast.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Coolant Recovery
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 19:33:35 EDT
Its not rocket science.  Run the recovery line from the header tank to  the
recovery container using the vent hose on the tank under the cap.
Replace the cap with a recovery cap.  And you're done except for
figuring out where to put the recovery container.  I used a  Tudor
washer bottle, basket and bracket from an Alpine.  I placed
the bottle on the frame next to the steering extension. This way
the weight was supported by the frame.  Worked great.  The  hose
from the header tank was too big for the nipple on the Tudor bottle.
So I cemented a right size hose inside the larger one.

When the beast was hot you could see the bottle file up.  When  it'
colled off the fluid would be sucked back into the header tank.

The early Tigers came with 9 lb caps.  The later Tigers came with 13  lb
caps.  Use the right recovery cap.  The heater core is your main  worry.
If its set for 9 lbs you may want to reinforce it.  CAT had a tech  tip
on this.

Dave Johnson.

547 Cars at the Chicago British Car Festival last Sunday.  !2  Sunbeams
7 Tigers, 4 Alpiens, and 1 Imp.