Re: [Tigers] Tiger engine removal

To: <TIGEROOTES@aol.com>, <Rollright@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger engine removal
From: "Tigerman" <Tigerman67@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 15:15:22 -0600
Jim,

One of these days, I am going to have to do this too, so I am curious about
the details.

Do you start with the car on ramps or jackstands for room to work underneath
it?

I haven't done it, but assume that the front crossmember and unbolts and
drops straight down, are there are other steering/suspension components that
you either stay with the crossmember assembly or have to be removed
separately before doing this?

I also have to assume you have to use an engine hoist to pull up on the
engine a bit to allow you to remove the engine mounts or is that not
necessary?  Can you do this with the hood still attached?  Or do you use a
jack from underneath to push up to relieve pressure while working on the
engine mounts?

Once the engine mounts are free, I assume you just lower the engine/tranny
to the floor or some sort of dolley and then work on lifting the car so that
you can slide it out from underneath.  How do you lift the car to accomplish
this?  Possibly with an engine hoist attached to somewhere safe?

Sorry for all the questions, but I could see doing this wrong could result
in alot of extra work or damage for the first timer.

Thanks,
Steve