Re: [Tigers] Bonneville World Finals Meet

To: "'Theo Smit'" <tsmit@shaw.ca>, <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Bonneville World Finals Meet
From: "Jerry" <JCMC2006@suddenlink.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 10:32:34 -0500
Don't forget what Carroll Shelby said about the Cobra "When we got to 150
MPH it was like hitting a brick wall." He cured the problem with
aerodynamics, the Daytona. I would think a faring around the driver would
help tremendously, the faster you go the more important streamlining
becomes. Round objects like the tubing in the rollcage create a tremendous
amount of drag at speed. I'm retired from the airlines with 20,000 hrs of
flying experience and have always enjoyed the subject of aerodynamics.
The 5200 RPM seems very low for a small block, the suggestion of dynoing to
see where the power and torque are and then gearing to suit would be money
well spent.
Good luck

Jerry Christopherson
9473187