Re: [Tigers] Chrome Valve Covers follow up

To: "Sandy Ganz" <sganz@pacbell.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Chrome Valve Covers follow up
From: "Cullen McCann" <CMcCann@lwpb.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 16:13:40 -0600
Sandy,

This string of conversation has really caught my attention. I too am
considering installing a set of Jenvey ITB's on my Tiger, on a 48idf
manifold ( idfs were a bit more affordable for me) Obviously this
requires clearance to the firewall. I have the setup already, bought it
for a kit cobra a while back and decided to get the Cobra. My Tiger was
just barely saveable when I got it, and I'm not trying to build a
concourse correct Tiger, but I still get a lot of controversy and under
the breath opinions from friends when I consider cutting the factory
firewall on my Tiger. I will say I have seen many famous Tigers in Tiger
Tales or in books with this modification, along with several projects
that Dale A. has done, so obviously some people don't mind the necessary
modification. What do you tell people when they ask about cutting the
cars firewall?

Nice Cobra btw...very slick. You have impeccable taste...

Thanks,

Cullen
B382001452 LROFE

This will be a docile engine for the Tiger ;-)

The injection is a TWM EFI (replacement for 48IDA's) setup that was for
another car but won't fit, so it has to be used somewhere, and seems
like a nice thing for the tiger. The combination I have been using is a
331 (3.25" stoke), with about 10.2:1 compression. So will do well around
town as well as on the track. The Cobra is mine, almost done too, and
the GT350H is my cousin's that he is working on. The rest are the owners
of the shop (some old lambo's, and other odds and ends). He is nice and
lets us work out of his place as long as we take care of it. Never
ending supply of unfinished projects...

Sandy