Re: [Tigers] Quarter Milers

To: Alvin Johnson <twojohnsons@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Quarter Milers
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 11:08:57 -0800
Alvin,

Since I have not raced any cars since 1954, I can only go back to that time.

Then, the speeds were noted, but not the time.

At the Orange County Drag strip:
In 1953, my warmed-up MG-TD ran 72 mph, winning the under 1500 cc class
with a trophy and beating the '52 Porsche 356.
In 1954, my stock Jaguar XK120M ran 93 mph.

The Tiger is significantly faster  than either of these.

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com