Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 1, Issue 168

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 1, Issue 168
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 19:26:30 EST
Jim Armstrong wrote: > I recommend you get a metal gear, now the only one
> available.

Jim, et al:

       I replaced the timing gear set in my Tiger about 20 years ago with an
"off-brand" set.  I always wondered why the car didn't perform as well as it
did before I changed it.  About 8 years later, I made a cam change and I
'degreed' the engine using my 'almost new' off brand timing gears but I could
not
get the cam to reflect the cam grinder's numbers (Delta Camshaft).

       It turned out the keyways were cut randomly in the gears.  Jerry at
Delta recommended and sold me a Cloyes (name-brand) timing set and everything
(finally) added-up.

Jim Leach    Pacific Tiger Club     Seattle