Re: [Tigers] was Licence Plate covers,

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] was Licence Plate covers,
From: Robert Bernardino <crbernardino@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 08:34:39 -0500
People who are car enthusiasts are not the focus of these automated
ticket machines. We obviously care for our cars and in turn the way we
drive. However, there is a need for social engineering - i.e. ways to
use technology to curb bad behavior - i.e. running red lights, etc. I
for one would like a system like netflix or amazon, where everyone
rates everything. If you see a driver running a red light, you could
have a device in your car where you press a button and a picture is
sent to a central database. If the person accrues enough of these
'hits' they receive a ticket, increased insurance, etc. There are not
enough cops out their to enforce reasonable traffic laws and I am sure
being as defensive a driver as I am in my daily driver Tiger, I have
still have the nose of the Cat almost clipped daily by some idiot
beating the red light, etc.

Rob in CT