Re: [Tigers] Silver State Classic

To: banana111@msn.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Silver State Classic
From: "Robert Bridgeford" <bobbridgeford@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 13:55:14 -0800
I have run the Silver State several times in a Corvette.  The only reason I
wouldn't run it in my Tiger is that the car woud need to be run in a fairly
slow class ( Like 110)  unless you were prepared to make substantial
modifications.  The gearing is too short.  Coollng is likely to be an issue,
and it could effect more than just engine coolant, with problems  with heat
to the fuel pump and lines and likely the differential.  Running close to
flat out for 45 minutes is tough on a machine.

That said, there are always plenty of older cars with substantial infusions
of cash and new technology on the scene. The Silver State folks insist that
you pass a safety inspection for tires, crash protection and mechanical
soundness, but there are no particular requirements that inhibit
modifications.   Past competitors have included a couple of  Panamerica
Lincolns from the fifties as well as clones of the same.  Panteras run in
almost every race and those cars make a Tiger look reliable by comparison!

I think it would be teffific if some of the Tiger folks would start to put
together a SS effort and show up a couple times a year!

Best,

Bob in Sisters

Bob Bridgeford
541 549 9539