Re: [Tigers] e bay Alger 140189086032

To: v8tracker@gmail.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] e bay Alger 140189086032
From: "Robert Bridgeford" <bobbridgeford@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 23:41:39 -0800
I purchased a Tiger from Carson City NV and had it shipped to central Oregon
in 2006.  When I applied for an OR title the car was inspected, and rejected
  by the DMV as having a suspicious vin tag. I was required to have the
state police inspect the car, 2 weeks later, and approve it before title
could be issued. They ran a check to see if the car was stolen and looked
for "other vin numbers" on the chassis (there are none of course).  The
state policeman stated that the vin tag was correct, the rivets were
correct, and that the DMV inspector was full of s--t as usual.  However, it
made for some very nervous moments and many phone calls to the seller in NV.

Bob Bridgeford
541 549 9539
Sisters OR 97759

In all the years I spent in the car business and with all the personal
titles I've transferred in the last 50 years or so, both from in state and
out of state, I have never had the Louisiana DMV ask to actually see a
vehicle.

I've had cops and safety inspectors check the VIN plate against the
registration, but that was always very cursory and never as part of the
titling or registration process.

Do other DMV's, such as California's, actually look at the cars as part of
the process?

A.C. Tynes
New Orleans