Re: [Tigers] ...Road Wheels...

To: SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] ...Road Wheels...
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 20:57:02 EST
In a message dated 12/16/2007 2:39:57 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com writes:

While  the wheels shown have been used for some
time, it should be noted that  there are NO new tires that fit a 13"
wheels with anything like  performance characteristics.

I guess it depends on your definition of "performance", as both the Kumho
V710 and Hoosier A6/R6 are available in 13" sizes...of course, these are pure
DOT R tires, with just enough surface grooves (2, actually lol) to satisfy the
letter of the law and not suitable for any type of wet surface use! But, in
terms of performance, they can't be touched by any other street legal  tire.

There is one DOT R which is a perfectly acceptable daily driver, the Toyo
RA1, also available in a 205/60-13...if I stick with 13" rims, that's what I'll

be using.

Mike