Re: [Tigers] Russo and Steele

To: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Russo and Steele
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 15:55:09 -0700
I think this is a car you'd have to see in person to determine whether
it looks right (to you) or not. The proportions have been changed by the
fact that the windshield is chopped and the rear fender openings (maybe
the fronts, too) are cut upwards to suit the wheel/tire diameter and the
way the car is lowered.
When you look at Tigers or Alpines generally you understand the shape
and size of things on a gut level because you've stood beside or sat
inside the car. Looking at pictures of this one breaks that perspective,
because the relative sizes of things you think you're familiar with are
not the same.

My opinion: I would have still had the center bar in the grille opening.
Maybe something reshaped and formed out of a solid aluminum forging
(just to keep with the aesthetic of the rest of the car) but it needs
something in there.

Theo