Re: [Tigers] Tiger Gas Mileage

To: "William Lau" <mrlau@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Gas Mileage
From: "Owain Lloyd" <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 17:34:20 +0000
chalk and cheese.  those old diesels were TERRIBLE!
high end diesels have come a long long in the last 5 or 6 years.
i had a choice between the 3.0 diesel, the 4.2 v8 petrol or the 5.2 v10 petrol.

i drove them all about 1000 miles a peice and the diesel was smoother,
quieter and had more usable power than the 4.2.  it is also a much
lighter engine so the car handles much better (audis always have a bit
of a problem with the weight up at the front end).  the 5.2 puts a
tiger like smile on your face but its not really necessary long trips
and over here the fuel economy and difference in purchase price mean
its not viable.