Re: [Tigers] Gas Mileage & diesels

To: gswaybright@yahoo.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Gas Mileage & diesels
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 15:35:38 EST
With the very reduced sulphur in the fuel, the new diesels are  accepted in
something like 47 states with all states accepting them by the end  of the year.
Comsumer reports recently did a good test between a Mercedes E
class....gasoline vs diesel.  I think they said the diesel was only about
$1,500 more than
the gas job.  They claimed with the performance and lack  of noise, there was
almost no telling the 2 apart expect the gas model did make  more power and
the diesel got better mileage.  I guess the diesel felt  sluggish, but it was
being compared to other semi-luxury cars which were pretty  fast...for example
the BMW 5 series.
They still haven't reported on the winter starting or the  maintenance which
is something that I would like to see. Yes, one of the Jeeps  is available
with that Mercedes designed engine this  year.