Re: [Tigers] Sunbeam period race photos

To: milano164@comcast.net, MTaylor@ea.com, drmayf@mayfco.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Sunbeam period race photos
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 15:51:17 EST
In a message dated 2/1/2008 12:39:44 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
milano164@comcast.net writes:

Actually, SCCA results and  records are very limited.   After 1964, SCCA
national changed the  method of record keeping (according to Pete Hilton) and
the
Regions  became the primary record keepers.   Long term conservation of these
records by the Regions is spotty at best.

I went through that with a Crusader Formula Vee that was just a
regional/local nationals type runner..and, that's with SFR being pretty  darn
good with
archives. Fortunately, the builder was (and still is) alive  and had detailed
records of his cars' performance, owners and other stuff. I've  also had luck
finding people locally who have kept hard copy of years and  years of the
SCCA's
regional publication (The Wheel, out here), listing race  results, and found
that helpful.

For the Chittenden car, seeing as it was local to this area, I suggested to
Matthew trying to go through the local network and nostalgia drag racing
associations to try to find that "pack rat" who has kept all the old hard
copy...

48)