[Tigers] Autolite spark plugs

To: tigers@autox.team.net,tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Autolite spark plugs
From: Dick Barker <dickbarker@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 12:30:45 -0800
At 11:00 AM 2/6/2008, Dave Johnson wrote:
>My Stock Tiger came with BRF42  AutoLites (the RF means Resistor
>Plugs with Radio Supression.  The more Hp Tiger ran BRF52.

----------
According to the Sunbeam and Ford publications I have, Tigers were
never shipped with resistor plugs (or radios). The standard Tiger
plug was the BF-42.  Clymer recommends the BF-32 and solid core plug
wires in his Performance Tuning book.

The 289HP certainly did not have resistor plugs. Ford books call for
the BF-32, or for drag racing, the BF-22. No mention of a BF-52,
which IMO would not be desirable. HP engines also had solid core
wires. I don't think Ford or Shelby figured anybody with a HP was too
worried about their radio.

Dick Barker