Re: [Tigers] Autolite spark plugs

To: Dick Barker <dickbarker@earthlink.net>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Autolite spark plugs
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 13:23:22 -0800 (PST)
At 11:00 AM 2/6/2008, Dave Johnson wrote:
>My Stock Tiger came with BRF42  AutoLites (the RF
means Resistor
>Plugs with Radio Supression.  The more Hp Tiger ran
BRF52.

Dave may well have had a radio in his stock Tiger and
needed RF plugs and I think the "more Hp" related to
his other Tiger that had more horsepower and you are
right I doubt many guys in the go fast business
concerned themselves with radio interference if they
ran a HP (High Performance) engine in a race car or
drag car but if their girlfriend wanted to listen to
the radio and a  change of plugs made that
possible--well you see what I'm thinking. The B52 is a
"one step' up  hotter plug, some people run them if
they are burning a touch of oil as well as thinking it
makes fuel burn hotter or faster- of course this is
IMO. Oh, I almost forgot, radio's where installed by
the dealers if memory serves, which it seldom does.

regards, TTT