[Tigers] Tiger rear view mirrors

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Tiger rear view mirrors
From: Tim Webster <crabco@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 22:33:08 -0800
Listers,

According to the B of N the switch to oval rear view mirrors was made around
B9473100. Mr Miller shows only two vinyl covered mirrors on page 169 (one
oval, the other rectangular). My early car (9470694) came to me with a
rectangular mirror. The interesting thing is that there is no vinyl covering
on it. It does not appear that there ever was, although it is impossible to
tell for sure.

I have heard that some Rootes mirrors possibly came without the covering. Is
there anyone who can shed light on the possibility that some early Tigers
might have been equipped this way? Perhaps the naked mirror came from a
different Rootes machine?

Thanks,

Tim