[Tigers] SS wheel spacers

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] SS wheel spacers
From: "James E. Pickard" <geowiz.sgy@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 22:32:05 -0600
OK, installing longer lug bolts is going to be far more difficult than I
imagined.  First of all, I have to remove the rear hubs, which requires a
special tool I'll have to fabricate.  But even worse, apparently longer lug
bolts are not available that are the same diameter, requiring the hub holes to
be drilled out to a larger size.  There is a spacer available with built-in
bolts, but this one is 1" thick and won't fit under my stock non-flared
fenders.

So, my question is:  are the stock lug bolts long enough to safely use when
installing Rick's 1/4" spacers?  I have 14" Panasport wheels and I only get a
few turns on each lug nut before I get some resistance.  I can get a couple
more turns when I tighten them up.  Is that enough?  Is anybody else using
this set-up?  Or is this more dangerous than not using the spacers at all?

Jim Pickard
B9473298 ('65 Tiger)
AN5L/12109 ('59 Sprite)
2003 Mini Cooper