Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 2, Issue 70

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 2, Issue 70
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 16:18:31 EST
Tom et  al,
I don't know what car the Bashes owned, but this one looks like a
Series IV; single carb, letters over the grill, early pedals,  etc.
Dick

I was at this shop yesterday for a club meeting and the Alpine was  in a
garage that was snowed in. I'll go back in the spring and try to get some
pictures.  As to the $14,000....the owners of the shop say it's 40,000  miles
and
completely original...and thus their $14,000.  You have to keep  in mind this
shop is not used to dealing with anything as mundane as an  Alpine.  I counted
42
cars inside. They own about 30 or them the others are  in for repairs.  Of
the 42 at least half were Ferraris. Then about 25% were  Porsches and the
remainder were Jags and other Europeans.
Here is the link again to the business
_http://www.rpmvt.com/sunbeam.html_ (http://www.rpmvt.com/sunbeam.html)
If you read the history of the shop it's pretty interesting.   I think I
remember a newspaper article saying that the Ferrari  Barchetta that the owner
got
as a young boy turned out to be extremely  rare.  I get the feeling that the
money from this might have  funded  the beginnings of this operation.
Anyway, today it is a first class shop with customers from 1,000  miles away
shipping their Ferraris to have major overhauls done...and I get the  feeling
that if you have to worry about how much it will cost...you probably  should
be looking for another shop:-)  But, very nice and down to earth  people.
Mark

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)