[Tigers] uh-oh ammeter

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] uh-oh ammeter
From: "Kirk Smith" <twotigers@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 00:17:15 -0700
I think a little clarification is in order...First off, I have a huge amount
of respect for Norm and what he means to the Tiger community.  He's been a
help to me on more than one occasion, and I consider him a friend.

The conversation I had with Norm several years ago was not about ammeters.  I
had querried him about not finding any info in the BON on Jaeger instruments.
There was mention of Smiths and Lucas (yes, for the ammeter).  I know there is
a Smiths/Jaeger connection, but I couldn't find references to the Jaeger
instrument faces in the BON, and that's what I was asking Norm about.

On to the present day- I should have read Peter's email a little more
carefully.  Yes, Lucas supplied the optional 30/30 ammeter from the factory.
The Lucas 35/35 would have been for an alternator equipped car.  CAT has been
selling the Jaeger 30/30 since sometime in the '70's.  If you have Jaeger
faced instruments and want a matching 30/30 ammeter, then Jaeger would be
fine, just not factory supplied.  Hope that clears that up!

Hey, let's not forget, I won the 'Tiger Quiz' at TU XXVIII in Santa Maria:)
That counts for something, right?

Kirk.