[Tigers] please vote on my thread repair decision

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] please vote on my thread repair decision
From: "Owain Lloyd" <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 20:31:08 +0100
i thought i'd throw this one at the list as i'm alway scarred of
damaged threads :)

as i may have mentioned before, one of the threads in my left side
engine mount bracket is damaged.  it turns out the thread is ok in the
rear half of the casting but damaged in the first half of the hole.
the stock 3" bolt does not get enough threads into the hole to torque
up.

my choice is:

a) use a 3-1/4" bolt which will fill all the threads and does (i've
tested) torque up perfectly well
b) drill and tap the bracket and fit a recoil insert (i can't find a
supplier of keyserts in the uk)

i'm leaning to toward a) unless, in their wisdom, any listers think
damaged threads can somehow spread or half the engine mount thickness
is insufficient for this purpose.

many thanks.